As a best-selling author and professor of Stress Management, Mike has helped over 10,000 people successfully gain control over their stress.
This website, his books, workshops, seminars, and the Terra Firma app will help you understand how stress really works and how to effectively remove it from your life.
Mike has worked with many companies, organizations, community and church groups, athletes and athletic teams, and individuals. Now he’s ready to guide you.
“Few things are more rewarding than to be part of someone’s success over stress;
so strongly do I feel this way that I have dedicated my life to teaching the things that I have learned over the past 30 years about stress management.”
county health Department
A Federal Government Agency
Industrial Services Company
nicholas & Company
Food Services Company
world financial group
Federal Government Agency
Utah Bankers Association
hill air force base
parker aerospace technologies
zions securities corporation
deseret mutual benefits administrators pacificorp
Ogden regional medical center
box elder county
Weber county water conservancy district
Altius Health Plans
Davis School District
marketstar utah municipal clerks association Orriant Wellness Provider Ogden City Police Department
Invited Speeches & Presentations
- American Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance
- American Mothers – Weber County Chapter
- American School Health Association
- ASCLS – Utah Chapter
- Association for the Advancement of Health Education
- Box Elder School District
- Brigham Young University
- CASA – Utah Court Appointed Special Advocates
- CLMA – Utah Chapter
- Community United Methodist Church
- Davis School District
- Families Alive Annual Conference
- Family Connection Center (FCC)
- Good Things Utah (Channel 4 TV)
- Good4Utah (Channel 4 TV) Afternoon News
- Good4Utah (Channel 4 TV) Noon News
- Health Education Association of Utah Conference
- Health Science and Technology (HST) Education Summer Conference
- LDS Church
- LDS Church Groups
- Mountain States College Stores Association (Keynote Speaker)
- National Conference on Undergraduate Research
- National Fibromyalgia & Chronic Pain Association
- National Social Science Association
- National Wellness Association
- North Ogden Community Group
- Northern Utah Division of Child and Family Services
- Northern Utah Marriage Celebration
- Northern Wasatch Oasis Group
- Ogden LDS Institute (WSU)
- Orriant Wellness
- Provo City Employees
- Rural Water Association of Utah
- Southwest District for Health, Physical Education, Recreation, And Dance
- Utah Academy of Science, Arts, & Letters
- Utah Association for Public Treasurers
- Utah Association of Elementary School Principals Conference
- Utah Bankers Association
- Utah Health Information Management Association (UHIMA) Keynote Speaker
- Utah Hoby Scholarship/Leadership
- Utah Municipal Clerks Association
- Utah Public Health Association
- Utah School for the Deaf and Blind
- Utah State Health Professionals Annual Conference
- Utah State Respiratory Therapy Society
- Utah State University
- Utah State Worksite Health Promotion Conference
- Utah Women in Motion
- Utah Worksite Wellness Conference
- Weber County Water Conservancy District
- Weber High School
- Weber State University
- Women’s Recovery Center
- World Senior Games
Dr. Olpin has helped people all over the globe through his teaching, books, speaking engagements, and online resources.
Dr. Olpin’s stress management textbook is used across universities all across the United States.
Dr. Olpin has spoken to groups and organizations all across the United States.
Online INSTRUCTIONAL ASSETS
Dr. Olpin has made hundreds of online assets including video, audio, and books to help others be able to access his content.
Fun Facts About Dr. Mike
When Mike isn’t teaching you’ll probably find him:
- Spending time with his wife Shanyn and his kids – Analise, Erica, Adam, and Ben.
- Running or riding his bike on mountain trails.
- Playing basketball, pickleball, racquetball, or any other sport.
- Reading, relaxing, hiking or exploring the beautiful outdoors.
A struggling student sent me this email:
“I just want you to know that you did save my life.”
“I had been suffering from depression for about 12 years now. I had an anxiety disorder that took me a
I really just wanted to thank you for teaching these things to me. I will never forget what this has done for me. I just want you to know that you did save my life.“
– Jacob N.
Dr. Olpin’s Mission
I know what I do works to stop your stress.
My goal is to give you tools that you can use every day to reduce and minimize the effects of your stress.
I’m committed to helping you heal.
Because people are different, what works for one may not always work for another, but we use enough powerful tools that at least a few and usually several will work to help you effectively turn off stress and feel a lot better.
And the more you use the tools, the more calm, peaceful, and relaxed you will feel every day.
Books & Publications
A few books
Bestselling College Textbook
Stress Management for Life
Clearly explaining the “how to” of stress management and prevention, STRESS MANAGEMENT FOR LIFE, 4e emphasizes experiential learning and encourages readers to personalize text information through practical applications and a “
Bestselling Popular Stress Relief
Unwind! 7 Principles for a Stress-Free Life
Unwind! is about optimizing your body, heart, mind, and soul, recognizing that any and all of these dimensions of your life affect your anxiety level. It helps you get clear about who you are as well as your priorities and goals.
Popular Stress Relief
The World is NOT a Stressful Place
The World is NOT a Stressful Place puts in your hands an effective and easy to learn approach for managing stress. Thousands have learned and internalized the principles found in this book and have learned how to live happier, more peaceful, and productive lives.
Unwind! (Spanish Version)
Respira! Los 7 Principios de la gente altamente efectiva para vivir sin estres
Los siete principios fundamentales para controlar el estrés. Este libro nos lleva de la mano a través de los siete paradigmas que cambiarán nuestro modo de ver las cosas y que nos abrirán la puerta a un mundo sano y sin estrés
Unwind! (Chinese Edition)
7 Principles for a Stress-Free Life (Chinese Edition)
Stress Management for Life (3rd Edition)
Third version of the college textbook.
Stress Management for Life (5th Edition)
If you’re tired of headaches, difficulties sleeping, feeling burned out or depressed, or experiencing a host of other chronic stress symptoms; if you’d like to master mindfulness, meditation, yoga, positive self-talk, find meaning, manage your time, and dozens of other stress-managing tools, this is the only stress management book you’ll ever need.
Stress Management for Life (1st Edition)
1st version of the college textbook.